Your input in this process is valuable to the creation of a successful document.
Come help us define the next 20 years for the Mukilteo shoreline.
The City of Mukilteo is undertaking a periodic review of its Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The Shoreline Management Act (SMA) requires each SMP be reviewed and revised, if needed, on an eight-year schedule established by the Legislature. The review ensures the SMP stays current with changes in laws and rules, remains consistent with other Mukilteo plans and regulations, and is responsive to changed circumstances, new information and improved data. A copy of the 2011 Shoreline Master Program can be found on our Long Range Planning page.
The City’s busy waterfront is undergoing significant changes. With the Washington State ferry terminal being relocated, transfer of the Tank Farm property, and the approval of the Downtown Waterfront Master Plan in 2016; the Shoreline Master Program adopted in 2011 needs to be updated.
Needed Updates & Revisions
The Downtown Waterfront Master Plan was revised to ensure the waterfront is developed according to a common vision as presented by the citizens of Mukilteo. In achieving this goal, the City is updating its SMP to include the elements addressed in the Waterfront Master Plan, update State mandated regulations, and
revise sections of the Shoreline Management Regulations that do not reflect the existing conditions of the waterfront.
Notice of Application
- Notice of Application
- Draft Shoreline Master Program Update – Feb 2019 Revision
- Draft Mukilteo Municipal Code 17B – Shoreline Management Regulations – Feb 2019 Revision
- Agency Review Packet
- SEPA Checklist
Notice of Joint Public Comment Period and Public Hearing – April 18, 2019
Notice of Open House and Joint Public Hearing – April 18, 2019
- Notice of Joint Public Comment Period and Public Hearing
- Draft Shoreline Master Program – April 18, 2019 Revision
- Draft Mukilteo Municipal Code 17B – Shoreline Management Regulations – April 18, 2019 Revision
City Council Work Session – June 10, 2019
- Draft Shoreline Master Program – June 10, 2019 Revision
- Draft Mukilteo Municipal Code 17B – Shoreline Management Regulations – June 10, 2019 Revision
City Council Public Hearing – September 3, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm
- City Council Public Hearing Notice
- Public Hearing Documents
- Agenda Bill
- Exhibit 1 – Ordinance 1427
- Exhibit 2 – SMP Amendments
- Exhibit 3 – Title 17B Final Draft
- Exhibit 4 – Period Review Checklist
- Exhibit 5 – Findings of Fact
- Exhibit 6 – SMP Update Public Comments and City Response
- Exhibit 7 – SMP and Shoreline Regulation Determination of Nonsignificance
- Exhibit 8 – Height Simulations
- Exhibit 9 – March 20, 2014 Planning Commission Minutes
- Exhibit 10A – SMP Initial Determination
- Exhibit 10B – SMP Initial Determination – Attachment 1
- Exhibit 11 – City Response to Department of Ecology Review
- Exhibit 12 – Resolution 2019-004
- Exhibit 13 – Department of Ecology PowerPoint Presentation
- Exhibit 14 – City of Mukilteo PowerPoint Presentation
Ways to Get Involved
The City will be conducting an online survey, open houses, and community meetings. To stay current on the project, please sign up for our mailing list by contacting Linda Ritter, Senior Planner by email.
If you would like to provide any written comment, letters may be mailed to:
City of Mukilteo
SMP Public Participation
11930 Cyrus Way
Mukilteo, WA 98275