Long Range Planning is focused that the City’s high quality of livability is enhanced by identify projects that:
- Preserve the Natural Environment,
- Create a Healthy Built Environment,
- Sustain our Vibrant Economy,
- Include Authentic Public Participation,
- Create Opportunities for Arts & Cultural Awareness,
- Ensure a Healthy Community, and
- Be a Beacon for Innovation.
In order to implement these goals above, the City utilizes a state mandated Comprehensive Plan. This Comprehensive Plan provides guidance and serves as a constructive guide not only for the decisions which local officials must make, but puts on notice agencies of government, property owners, and future developers as to the type of community Mukilteo wants to be. As the City approaches a project, such as a pedestrian mobility plan, the Staff and Decision Makers review the Comprehensive Plan for guidance.
Many additional previously adopted plans can be found here.
If you have any questions regarding our Long Range Planning please contact Dave Osaki, Planning Manager, at 425-263-8042.