Long Range Planning is focused on maintaining and improving the City’s high quality of life over the next twenty years. The City has identified goals that:
- Preserve the Natural Environment
- Create a Healthy Built Environment
- Sustain our Vibrant Economy
- Include Authentic Public Participation
- Create Opportunities for Arts & Cultural Awareness
- Ensure a Healthy Community
- Be a Beacon for Innovation
In order to implement these goals, the City has adopted a Comprehensive Plan. This Comprehensive Plan guides the decisions of elected officials and staff for land use, housing, capital facilities, transportation, economic development, parks and more.
Long Range Planning Documents:
The City of Mukilteo has several long range planning documents that have been adopted to guide the City’s development:
- Comprehensive Plan Webpage
- Parks, Recreation, Open Space, and Arts (PROSA) Plan Webpage
- By The Way (BTW) Transportation Plan Webpage
- Downtown Waterfront Master Plan Webpage
- Japanese Gulch Master Plan Webpage
Following the purchase of 98 acres of property, the City of Mukilteo adopted a park master plan to guide the development and preservation of Japanese Gulch Park.
- Shoreline Master Program (pdf – effective January 2, 2020)
- Downtown Subarea Plan (pdf)
The City adopted a Downtown Business District Subarea Plan to focus on a mixed use and pedestrian oriented development in Old Town Mukilteo.
- Habitat Management Plan (pdf)
- Lighthouse Park Master Plan (pdf)
If you have questions regarding Long Range Planning, please contact Lauren Balisky, Planning Manager, at (425) 263-8041.