CUSTOMER RESPONSE/PERMIT APPLICATION REVIEW TIMES – August, 2022
Along with many businesses and organizations, the City of Mukilteo is experiencing staffing shortages. This is most significant in the Planning & Community Development Department which processes and reviews permits, as well as staffing the front counter at City Hall. As a result, response times to permit-related inquiries/messages and time for the processing, review, and issuance of permit applications will all be significantly affected. We understand that this situation will affect you and apologize for any inconvenience it causes.
The hours at City Hall have been updated to reflect the need to provide staff with uninterrupted time to respond to inquiries, process/review permits, and train new employees.
City Hall Hours (Effective August 16, 2022)
Closed for lunch daily from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Monday 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact 425-263-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERMIT APPLICATIONS AND RESUBMITTALS – Updated July 1, 2022
When submitting electronically, please follow the instructions below:
- Documents can be submitted electronically by email (email@example.com) or on the Online Permit Portal (https://ci-mukilteo-wa.smartgovcommunity.com/Public/Home) and by mail.
- The number of required copies to send in the mail can be found on the appropriate Informational Brochure or in your comment letter from City staff.
- The City is currently able to accept credit cards over the phone (preferred) or a check in the mail.
- If you need assistance submitting electronically, please contact Permit Center staff by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
INSPECTION NOTICE – July 1, 2022
- Building inspection requests must be made by at least 2:00 pm the day prior to the requested inspection date. Please call (425) 263-8075 or email (email@example.com) to request an inspection. Inspections are currently provided only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Requests for morning or afternoon inspections will be honored if possible, but cannot be guaranteed. Until further notice, building inspections will be performed by the City’s building inspection consultant, “SAFEbuilt”.
- Fire inspection requests must be made by 2:00 pm the day prior to the requested inspection date. Please call 425-263-8158 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an inspection.
- Clearing, grading, right-of-way, and stormwater inspection requests must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the requested inspection date. Please call 425-263-8075 or email (email@example.com) to request an inspection.
The Permit Division of the Community Development Department is the city’s front line Information Desk and Permit Center; it provides clerical support to Building, Planning, and various city Boards and Commissions. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with prompt and courteous service.
Important Tip: The City recommends applicants take advantage of our free pre-application meeting process to get preliminary feedback on conceptual designs prior to submitting permit applications. City staff from multiple departments attend the meeting to address any potential issues and assist applicants in preparing all the necessary documents for submittal.
Permit application forms, submittal checklists, brochures and other resource materials for specific types of projects are available on our Online Permit Center.
Other Commonly Needed Permits
Electrical Permits: Washington Labor & Industries
Electric Service: Snohomish Public Utility District No. 1
Food Service Permits: Snohomish Health District
Gas Service: Puget Sound Energy
Septic, Well and Public Pool Permits: Snohomish Health District
Parking Permits (Residential, Employee or Commuter): Mukilteo Parking Programs
Need an Inspection?
- Building Inspection: 425-263-8075 or email
- Fire Sprinkler or Alarm Inspections: 425-263-8158 or email
- Public Works Inspection (72 Hour Notice Required): 425-263-8075 or email
For a specific question regarding development or the permit application process, or to schedule a pre-application meeting, please call 425-263-8000, email, or stop by City Hall at 11930 Cyrus Way during regular business hours.
Not sure where to start? We have Project Brochures that provide basic information about requirements for different types of projects within the City of Mukilteo!