*** PHASE 1 CONSTRUCTION RESTART REQUIREMENTS – Updated April 29, 2020 ***
Governor Inslee issued an addendum to Proclamation 20-25 that provides for a limited Phase 1 Construction Restart:
- April 24, 2020 “Implementation of Phase 1 Construction Restart – Proclamation 20-25”
- Phase 1 Construction Restart COVID-19 Job Site Requirements
- FAQs on the Governor’s Phase I Construction Restart
The proclamation and comprehensive Job Site Requirements details 30 items that must be in place prior to any existing construction project resuming work.
*** PERMIT APPLICATIONS AND RESUBMITTALS DURING COVID-19 CLOSURE ***
The City of Mukilteo is still accepting permit applications and resubmittals; however we are unable to accept documents in person at this time.
The City will continue to review permits as staff is available. Please note that priority is being given to projects that are an essential activity consistent with Governor Inslee’s March 23, 2020 “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” Proclamation and March 25, 2020 Construction Guidance Memorandum.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application or respond to a correction letter:
- Documents must be submitted electronically by email (email@example.com) or on the online Portal (https://ci-mukilteo-wa.smartgovcommunity.com/Public/Home) and by mail.
- The number of required copies to send in the mail can be found on the appropriate Project Brochure or in your comment letter from City staff.
- The City is currently able to accept credit cards over the phone (preferred) or a check in the mail.
- If you need assistance submitting electronically, please contact Permit Center staff by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
*** INSPECTION NOTICE DURING COVID-19 CLOSURE – Updated April 27, 2020 ***
In response to the COVID-19 virus, building inspections are now only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These inspections are limited to construction for essential activities or activities permitted under the Governor’s Phase 1 Construction Restart Order.
This means that building inspections will only be scheduled for construction that:
- Is related to an essential activity as described in the Governor’s Order;
- Furthers a public purpose related to a public entity or government function;
- Prevents or avoids damage to unsafe conditions;
- Is for an emergency repair at non-essential businesses and residential structures; or
- Meets all of the items in Governor Inslee’s Phase 1 Construction Restart COVID-19 Job Site Requirements.
All contractors, applicants and homeowners are asked to stay at least six (6) feet from the inspector during an inspection. The inspector may cancel or reschedule an inspection if (s)he feels that appropriate social distancing and sanitation measures are not in place, or that such measures cannot reasonably be implemented while the inspector is there.
Inspection requests must be made by 2:00 pm the day prior to the requested inspection date. Please call (425) 263-8075 or email (email@example.com) to request an inspection.
The Permit Division of the Community Development Department is the city’s front line Information Desk and Permit Center; it provides clerical support to Building, Planning, and various city Boards and Commissions. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with prompt and courteous service.
Important Tip: The City recommends applicants take advantage of our free pre-application meeting process to get preliminary feedback on conceptual designs prior to submitting permit applications. City staff from multiple departments attend the meeting to address any potential issues and assist applicants in preparing all the necessary documents for submittal.
Permit application forms, submittal checklists, brochures and other resource materials for specific types of projects are available on our Online Permit Center.
Construction is regulated by various local, state and federal laws. Regulations specific to Mukilteo can be found on the Development Regulations webpage.
Other Commonly Needed Permits
Electrical Permits: Washington Labor & Industries
Electric Service: Snohomish Public Utility District No. 1
Gas Service: Puget Sound Energy
Septic, Well and Public Pool Permits: Snohomish Health District.
Parking Permits (Residential, Employee or Commuter): Mukilteo Parking Programs.
Need an Inspection?
- Building Inspection: (425) 263-8075 or email
- Fire Sprinkler or Alarm Inspections: call (425) 263-8158 or email
- Public Works Inspection (72 Hour Notice Required): (425) 263-8075 or email
For a specific question regarding development or the permit application process, or to schedule a pre-application meeting, please call (425) 263-8000, email, or stop by City Hall at 11930 Cyrus Way during regular business hours.
Not sure where to start? We have Project Brochures that provide basic information about requirements for different types of projects within the City of Mukilteo!