Home » City Departments » Police » Mukilteo Police Department Records Division

Mukilteo Police Department Records Division

The Mukilteo Police Department Records Division is responsible for the tracking and management of all case reports generated by officers.  Each one of these case files is recorded and managed by our record clerks, retained according to particular investigative requirements and then archived as required by state law.


Public Records Requests ¦ Fingerprinting ¦ I-918 Petition for U-Visa ¦ Bicycle Registration ¦ Concealed Pistol License/Renewal/Armed Forces Renewal ¦ Criminal Records Check ¦ Prescription Drug Disposal ¦ Evidence and Property Release ¦ Dog Licensing

Public Records Requests

For your convenience, please use the online form to make a public records request.  All public records requests are initially handled by the City Clerk who will route any police-related matters to the Police Department. Please allow 5 business days for a response from our Records Division about your request.  Any responsive records will be assembled for your review and copies provided if requested. There may be a fee to copy records.


The Mukilteo Police Department performs fingerprinting services for residents and Mukilteo School District employees only on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. No appointment is necessary; however, you must bring photo identification with you. The fee is $20.00 for up to two cards, and $3.00 for each additional card thereafter. The fee is payable by check, cash, Visa or Mastercard. For further information, please call (425) 263-8100 during normal business hours.

I-918 Petition for U-Visa

Bicycle Registration

The Mukilteo Police Department will no longer accept registrations for bicycles, and resident are not required to have a bike license.

Concealed Pistol License/Renewal/Armed Forces Renewal

Please call the Mukilteo Police Department during business hours at 425-263-8100 for instructions on how to renew your CPL or apply for a new CPL during the lobby closure for COVID.

Concealed pistol license applicants must be fingerprinted.  As a Mukilteo resident, you may apply for a Concealed Pistol Permit at our agency anytime during our regular business hours:  Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.  We do ask that you try to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing time, in order to allow you ample time to complete the Application and Fingerprint Cards.  The fee for the five year permit is $49.25 payable by Cash, Check, Visa or MasterCard.  Please be sure to bring you current picture identification (displaying your current Mukilteo address) with you.  Upon successful completion of the background check, the permit will be mailed to your home address in approximately 30 days.

Renewal: The Renewal Fee is 32.00 and a Late Renewal Fee is 42.00.  A Concealed Pistol License may be renewed up to 90 days after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $10 in addition to the $32 renewal fee. If your permit is more than 90 days expired, you will need to apply for an Original Permit and be fingerprinted again.

For more information, follow the Department of Licensing’s concealed pistol license information.

Armed Forces Renewal (Out of State Deployment): Currently deployed members of the Armed Forces, who are deployed out of state, can renew their Concealed Pistol License by mail or email. The renewal fee is $32 and can be renewed up to 90 days after the expiration date by also paying a $10 late fee. To renew the Concealed Pistol License in this circumstance, contact the Mukilteo Police Department at (425) 263-8100 or via email at policerecords@mukilteowa.gov.  We will send you the application via mail or email; completed applications must be submitted with a copy of your original order, designating the period of deployment, a copy of a valid government issued ID and a check payable to the City of Mukilteo for the renewal fee ($32) or the renewal/late fee ($42).

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact a member of the Support Services Division at 425-263-8100.

Criminal Records Check

Pursuant to Washington State law, conviction data is public record and can be obtained from the Washington State Patrol.  Please visit their website at WATCH or call the Identification and Criminal History Section at (360) 534-2000 for further details.  (We also have a brochure available in our lobby on this program.)

Prescription Drug Disposal

The Mukilteo Police Department, in cooperation with the Snohomish Regional Drug Task Force provides Mukilteo residents with a free, easy, secure and responsible way to properly and securely dispose of unwanted prescription drugs.

To use this service gather all unwanted medications from wherever you have them stored (drawers, medicine cabinet, etc.).  Leave the items in their original containers.  You will have an opportunity to mark out any personal information.  Do NOT mark out the name of the medication.  No questions will be asked, though your zip code will be recorded for research purposes.  Bring the items to the Mukilteo Police Department during business hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.  The medications will be destroyed by law enforcement.

Evidence and Property Release

Please contact the Evidence and Property Official between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at (425) 263-8100 to schedule an appointment to pick up your property/evidence. It is suggested that when you call ahead to schedule your appointment, that you have the Case Number available in order that the Evidence Technicians can serve you faster. They will check to see if the property has been made releasable and can gather the items so you are in and out in a timely manner. Also remember to bring a photo ID and if you are sending someone else to pick the items up, you’ll need a notarized letter detailing the items to be picked up and the party’s name.

Traffic Infraction or Criminal Citation

Mukilteo Police Traffic officers enforce state and local traffic laws, in addition to providing a safe transportation environment for motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians in the City of Mukilteo.

In addition to traffic enforcement, traffic officers investigate vehicle collisions, provide traffic control, and handle traffic complaints and issues that are reported to the police department.

The Mukilteo Police Department has been actively participating in the Snohomish County Traffic Safety Task Force. Mukilteo officers have been patrolling the roads of Snohomish County, taking part in the regional “Target Zero” DUI Task Force, removing impaired drivers from the road.

Dog Licensing

The Mukilteo Police Department now issues lifetime dog licenses.  Proof of current rabies vaccinations and, if applicable, proof of spay or neutering must be presented with the application.  The fee for a spayed or neutered dog is $40, and $80 for an unaltered dog. You are encouraged to update your contact information with us to help keep your dogs safe. For additional information, please contact the Support Services Division at 425.263.8100. Dog License Application 2022

Animal Control strongly recommends that pet owners have their pets micro-chipped.  Animal Control scans lost/found/stray dogs for microchips. Usually dogs are reunited with their owners prior to being taken to the shelter.


File: https://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/DOG-LICENSE-APPLICATION-2020-1.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/police/mukilteo-police-department-records-division/dog-license-application-2020-3/

Thank you for your upload