Home » City Departments » Police » I-918 Petition

I-918 Petition

U-Visa Certification

Administered by the Department of Homeland Security, a U-Visa allows immigration protection for victims of qualifying crimes and their qualifying family members (as appropriate), who are helpful to law enforcement in the detention, investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. This is a temporary visa that can be valid up to four years, and in some cases may be extended.

U-Visas are not automatic, and can only be granted if the appropriate paperwork is sent to Homeland Security via the law enforcement agency where the criminal activity occurred.

If the incident(s) occurred within the jurisdiction of the Mukilteo Police Department, applicants submit their completed I-918 documents to the Mukilteo Police Department for certification.  The certifying official is Chief Andy Illyn.

In order to certify a petition, the petitioner should submit evidence, attached to their petition, of their cooperation with law enforcement. The officers or detectives involved must concur that a U-Visa applicant has both cooperated with law enforcement and will cooperate in any subsequent prosecution before Chief Illyn certifies the application.

Requests should be forwarded to Office Supervisor Loralie Carlson, for research and processing by calling (425) 263-8100 or by email.

The Mukilteo Police Department is located at:

Mukilteo Police Department

10500 47th Place W

Mukilteo, WA  98275

(425) 263-8100


Thank you for your upload