- This event has passed.
Police Department Citizen’s Academy
September 29, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This session of the Citizen’s Police Academy runs from September 22 through November 10, 2016. This eight week course allows attendees to interact with Police Officers while they learn about the day-to-day operations of the Mukilteo Police Department. Classes meet for three hours one night per week (usually Thursday) for 8 weeks, and are provided at no charge to attendees. Classes are typically held at Rosehill Community Center, located at 304 Lincoln Avenue in Mukilteo.
You must pre-register to attend these classes. Click on this link to download the brochure and application.
Topics covered are:
- Classroom instruction of police mission, policies and operations
- Use of K-9 Officer and Police Dog
- Tour of the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s office
- Live demonstration at a local shooting range
- Live taser demonstration
- Optional ride-along with a Mukilteo Police Officer (highly recommended!)