Home » Utility Assistance Program

Utility Assistance Program

Closed on December 31, 2022

Assistance for Electricity & Energy Bills

The City of Mukilteo has received federal funds as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). They are partnering with Snohomish County PUD to make some of those funds available to City of Mukilteo residents to help pay outstanding electricity and energy bills. For Mukilteo Water and Wastewater District, please apply with them directly.

Eligibility criteria:

  • The property must be located within the City limits of Mukilteo, and;
  • The account is 60 or more days past due as of September 30, 2021 (and the amount is still outstanding), and;
  • For households (non-commercial) utility accounts, household income is at or below $111,000. This includes income from all sources for all adults living in the same residence. Documentation needed to substantiate this level of income includes one of the following:
    • Copy of year-end IRS tax return for 2021 (Form 1040 Schedule C, Form 1120, Form 1065, etc.) or;
    • Most recent three months’ of employee pay-stubs from the employer, or;
    • Copy of disability, public assistance or other financial support the utility assistance applicant receives.
  • For commercial utility accounts, the applicant must show a decline in gross revenue of at least 25% when comparing 2019 to 2021. Documentation needed to substantiate this level of revenue loss includes one of the following:
    • Copies of both 2019 and 2021 IRS income tax returns (Form 1040 Schedule C, Form 1120, Form 1065, etc.) or;
    • Copies of monthly or quarterly Washington State Department of Revenue Combined Excise Tax Returns for 2019 and 2021. Copies provided must be for every month or quarter of calendar years 2019 and 2021.

If you meet these criteria, please complete the application below (if you have a disability which prevents you from completing the online application, please email execadmin@mukilteowa.gov for other arrangements):


Thank you for your upload