We have snow in the forecast over the holiday weekend. Here is some information regarding the City’s plan for snow removal:
- Check out the Snow Removal Priority Map at this link. This shapes the City’s plan for snow removal, especially at the beginning of an event (like in the next few days!). Calls for service won’t change this response plan, as we need to focus on these routes.
- Remember to give snowplows plenty of room to work! Allow a minimum following distance of 200 feet from the plows while they are working.
- A reminder to park your car in your driveway or garage if you are on a snow removal route. It improves efficiency. Moving your cars off the street is recommended whenever snow is in the forecast. And, if your garbage cans are in the street, grab those too!
- How do we handle snow? Our Public Works crews use sand and salt to treat black ice or frost that has accumulated on roadways. We also use de-icing spray on priority routes, but only when it’s dry in advance and in the 30’s.
- For requests, please submit a Fix It ticket.