The Mukilteo Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC) was established in 2009 to operate as a liaison between youth of the community and the City. MYAC includes up to 15 Mukilteo student residents between the ages of 14-18 who are appointed to one-year terms by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Returning members apply here!
What is MYAC?
- We make policy recommendations to the City Council on matters that affect youth in our City
- We plan, organize, coordinate and participate in drug and alcohol-free social, cultural, recreational, educational and other activities for youth in our community
- Past MYAC projects and events include the Mukilteo Art Contest, a beach cleanup, and a book drive.
- We work to get more youth involved in government by engaging with other students in the City and serving as role models for all youth in Mukilteo
- MYAC has held “mock City Council” meetings and deliberated on annexation and the disposition of Hawthorne Hall (old Boys & Girls Club)
MYAC meets regularly during the academic year on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm at City Hall. We are asking all applicants to make a commitment to attend at least 80% of MYAC meetings and project events; if you believe your other activities will prevent you from making this pledge, we ask that you not apply and allow another student to be considered.