Mukilteo City Council established the Mukilteo Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC) in 2009 to operate as a liaison between youth of the community and the City. MYAC includes up to 15 Mukilteo student residents between the ages of 14-18 who are appointed to one-year terms by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Applications are due by 4:30pm Friday, August 12th. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of August 22nd. Confirmation is tentatively scheduled for the September 6, 2022 Council Meeting. Candidates who are selected for MYAC will be contacted thereafter. The first MYAC meeting of the 2022/23 year will be at City Hall on Tuesday, September 13 at 6:00pm.
What is MYAC?
- We make policy recommendations to the City Council on matters that affect youth in our City
- We plan, organize, coordinate and participate in drug and alcohol-free social, cultural, recreational, educational and other activities for youth in our community
- Past MYAC projects and events include the Mukilteo Art Contest, a social justice seminar, and a monthly podcast
- We work to get more youth involved in government by engaging with other students in the City and serving as role models for all youth in Mukilteo
- MYAC has held “mock City Council” meetings and deliberated on annexation and the disposition of Hawthorne Hall (old Boys & Girls Club)
MYAC meets regularly during the academic year on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm at City Hall. We are asking all applicants to make a commitment to attend at least 80% of MYAC meetings and project events; if you believe your other activities will prevent you from making this pledge, we ask that you not apply and allow another student to be considered.