The deadline for the second round of co-sponsorship grants has passed.
The City of Mukilteo is pleased to announce the 2nd round of the 2019 Co-Sponsorship Facility Use Grant Program. Applications are now being accepted, and the deadline to apply is May 15, 2019. Projects or events must be completed by December 31, 2019.
The grant enables public or private organizations to use City facilities (i.e. Rosehill Community Center or city parks) at no charge to host their community event. There is no monetary award with a co-sponsorship grant. The City of Mukilteo’s Co-Sponsorship Grant program was established in 2011 for the purpose of:
- Promoting, supporting and expanding existing and new Mukilteo special events, festivals and activities
- Providing co-sponsorship opportunities to promote, publicize and support and/or expand economic development activities in Mukilteo
- Providing co-sponsorship for activities that promote the general health or well-being of the community
Some examples of previous projects are:
- An activity that is open to the public and offers enhanced opportunities in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, youth or adult activities, and community safety
- A project that promotes job growth; or promotes business attraction, retention, and relocation to Mukilteo
- A program that promotes the community in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, education, youth development, safety, etc.
For this round, please use the online application form, and be sure to submit by the deadline of 5:00pm, May 15, 2019. The grant selection and award process is as follows:
- After the deadline, all applications are reviewed for eligibility and reviewed by a City Council subcommittee.
- Their recommendations are sent to the full City Council for approval, tentatively set for June 3.
- Applicants are notified of their grant selection and provided tentative dates for their events.
If you have any questions please call Rosehill Community Center: 425.263.8180. Learn more about the City’s co-sponsorship grants.