At Mayor Jennifer Gregerson’s third “State of the City” address last Saturday at City Hall, she announced her 2017 Action Agenda. “I am optimistic about 2017,” said Mayor Gregerson. “We have a strong community – Mukilteo Strong, and my 2017 Action Agenda represents my vision to continue to focus on areas where the ground work has already taken place.”
2017 Action Agenda
- Mukilteo Strong: We will continue the important work that was started in 2016 by remembering those we have lost and building a stronger community to help prevent future tragedies.
- Honor Green Businesses: We will build on the amazing progress led by our Green Team to encourage and support local businesses in their work to become more sustainable.
- Emergency Preparedness: A disaster could strike at any time and families and businesses must be prepared; we will work to increase awareness of readiness kits and family and business plans for emergencies.
- Community Policing: We will build on the successful Citizens Academy and policy volunteer programs by engaging teens and young adults in a closer relationship with our Police Department.
- Recreation Scholarships: We have worked to return the community to the center of Rosehill’s mission; we must now work to ensure access to everyone in Mukilteo – regardless of income.