National Night Out will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 from 4 – 7pm at the Mukilteo YMCA. City staff will be on hand to provide entertainment, food, resources, information and giveaways! Here’s a partial list of what we’re planning:
- Crime Prevention Officer Myron Travis and Police Volunteer Chamari Davis have been planning this fun evening for months.
- Edmonds PD K9 Officer Jason Robinson and “Hobbs” will be on hand again for a powerful demonstration of Hobbs’ pursuit tactics.
- Many of the PD vehicles will be open for tours and special photos with Police Officers.
- Fire personnel and apparatus will be there to share emergency preparedness, fire prevention and safety information.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) will be on display to emphasize water safety for children.
- Re-usable cold packs will be given out.
- Mayor Gregerson and MSD Steve Edin will be featured in the “dunk tank” in the 4:00pm hour.
- The Mayor’s Key Communicator’s Advisory Group will provide international foods highlighting those cultures and countries represented within this diverse group of residents to show “Unity in the Community”
- The GIS Division will be hosting a “Mukilteo or Not?” Game where you guess which satellite images are within the City of Mukilteo. Give it a shot! They will also have information regarding the interactive “Muk Maps” available on the City website.
- The Planning Division will be conducting public outreach for the Shoreline Master Program Update. Stop by and give us your thoughts about your priorities for future development of the waterfront. We want to hear from you, Mukilteo!