Mukilteo Mayor Jennifer Gregerson and Everett Mayor Cassie Franklin have agreed to a bike challenge during May, which is National Bike Month. This friendly competition will be based on miles cycled during the month, and must include these challenges:
- ride to your library and take a picture of a book about bicycles
- ride to a local park and take a picture with public art
- ride to a fire station and get a picture with a firefighter
- ride to the waterfront and take a picture of a boat
- ride to a local historical landmark and share a fact about the location with your picture
The mayors will check in with each other every Friday and both encourage residents to enjoy the many benefits of bide riding. “We encourage community members to participate in these challenges, too,” said Mayor Gregerson. “Bikes are a great way to celebrate bike month, enjoy some fresh air and get to know your city better.” Harbour Pointe Blvd. has bike lanes, and the new Harbour Reach Corridor Extension will also have bike lanes.
Stay safe and read Bicycle Safety Tips from Washington State Department of Transportation.