Mukilteo City Council will hold a Public Hearing at their April 1, 2019 meeting that begins at 7:00 PM in the City Council Chambers, located at 11930 Cyrus Way, Mukilteo, WA.
The purpose of the hearing is to consider the 2019 Docket Applications that include Comprehensive Plan text and map amendments and Rezone requests. As part of this public hearing process, a Final Docket List will be approved by the City Council. Those applications approved by the City Council to be placed on the Final Docket List will then subsequently proceed through the City’s standard public hearing and review process for additional analysis with final consideration and decision by the Mukilteo City Council. Being placed on the Final Docket List does not guarantee that the application will be approved.
The 2019 Comprehensive Plan Amendment and Rezones subject to the April 1, 2019 Public Hearing are:
- Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment from “Single Family Residential-High Density” to “Commercial-Mixed Use” with a concurrent rezone from “Single Family Residential RD 7.5” to “Downtown Business District” (XXX 5th Street, tax parcels: 00596900600101, 00596900600102, 00596900601001). Applicant Bethany M. Gilbertson
- Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment from “Parks and Open Space” to “Commercial” with a concurrent rezone from “Open Space” to “Public/Semi-Public” (Japanese Gulch 76th Trailhead: 4407-76th Street, tax parcel: 00591100000507). This amendment request also includes text amendments to the Japanese Gulch Master Plan to remove references to a Senior Center not being an appropriate use for this parcel. Applicant: Mukilteo Senior Association
- Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment from “Single Family Residential-Medium Density” to “Commercial-Mixed Use” with a concurrent rezone from “Single Family Residential RD 9.6” to “Community Business” (4712 84th Street, tax parcel: 00611600013206). Applicant: Kristi Jacobson
- Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment from “Industrial” to “Multi-Family Residential – High Density” with a concurrent rezone from “Business Park to Multifamily Residential – 22 dwelling units per acre”. This proposal may involve an amendment to the Harbour Pointe Sector Plan (6500 Harbour Heights Parkway, tax parcel: 28042000401100; 28042000401000 (part)). Applicant MRM Mt. Vernon LLC/GT Mukilteo LLC
- Amendment to the Utilities Element to update policies to address recent FCC declaratory ruling and order
- Comprehensive Plan Text and Map amendments to reflect the map amendment/rezones
All supporting documents are available at City Hall for public review.
All persons interested in providing comment on any or all of the 2019 Comprehensive Plan Amendment and Rezones may provide oral or written comments at the public hearing. Written comments will also be accepted at City Hall, located at 11930 Cyrus Way, until 4:30 PM the day of the public hearing. Written comments submitted in advance of the public hearing will be provided to the City Council at the public hearing. For additional information contact Linda Ritter, Senior Planner at (425) 263-8043.
If you have a disability which may limit your participation in the hearing process, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 425.263.8005 at least three (3) business days in advance of the hearing so that we can arrange a reasonable accommodation for you.