Facility Rental FAQs



Q: What hours is the Rosehill Community Center open? What hours can I rent rooms?

A: The Rosehill Community Center is to be open and staffed during the following hours:

Monday – Friday:  6:30 am – 9:00 pm (extended rental hours until 12:00 midnight for Fridays only)
Saturday:  8:00 am – 9:00 pm (extended rental hours until 12:00 midnight)
Sunday:  9:00 am – 4:00 pm (available for rentals until 10:00pm)

At no time shall rental functions occur past 9:00 pm (Monday through Thursday) or 12:00 midnight (Friday, Saturday) or 10:00pm (Sunday).

Q: Can I check room availability online?

A: No. You will need to call the Rosehill Community Center at 425.263.8180 or send an email to recreation@mukilteowa.gov to check availability.

Q: How many people can the Point Elliott Room accommodate?

A: The Point Elliott Room can accommodate up to 216 guests seated at 60” round tables or up to 450 auditorium- style.

Q: How far in advance can I reserve the Point Elliott Room at the Rosehill Community Center? Classrooms?

A: The lottery process for renting the Point Elliott Room will be as follows: The lottery will be held the 1st Wednesday of each month for all dates in that month in the following year. The lottery will be held in the evening at 6:30pm at the front desk at Rosehill Community Center, 304 Lincoln Avenue, Mukilteo, WA, 98275. Applicants must come prepared to submit an application and make payment. Only one person from each rental party may draw a number. We will start the bookings with the lowest number drawn. Dates not booked at the time of the lottery become available to book one year to the date.

  • Classrooms may be reserved three times a year beginning:
    3rd Wednesday of February for April – August rentals
    3rd Wednesday July for September – March rentals
  • No tentative dates will be held.
  • The person signing the contract must pay at a minimum the security/damage deposit, and provide the banquet permit and liability insurance.

Q: Is there any reason the Rosehill Community Center might cancel my reservation?

A: It is very unlikely that your reservation will be cancelled by Rosehill Community Center staff. If we do have to cancel it, your deposit and any rental fees paid will be refunded. However, reservations may be denied or revoked when an applicant has made any misrepresentation or failed to disclose any pertinent information in connection with the Rosehill Facility Use Application.

Q: What if I need to cancel my reservation at Rosehill Community Center? Will I get a refund? What if I need to make a date change? Is there a penalty for a date change?

A: Please refer to the cancellation policies listed in your rental packet.

Q: Is the public allowed in the building when I’m holding an event at Rosehill Community Center?

A: If your event is during normal operating hours, then yes, the public may be in the building. However, the room(s) you rent will be just for your guests – the general public will not be allowed to walk through or use your rented space. If your event is after hours, the public will not be allowed in the building.

Q: What equipment, facilities, and staffing come with my rental of a Rosehill Community Center room?

A: Rental of Rosehill Community Center rooms includes tables, chairs, sound system (Point Elliott Room only), lighting, and window coverings.

Q: Is there a dressing room available?

A: Yes, there is a dressing room that includes private restrooms, a full length mirror, and garment hook.

Q: How old must I be to rent a room at Rosehill Community Center?

A: All rental applicants must be 21 years of age or older and must be present during the entire rental use of the facility. The person signing the Rosehill Facility Use Application and the Rental Contract will be considered the responsible party in case of damage, theft or disturbance during rental facility use.

Q: Is the Rosehill Community Center open on holidays?

A: The Rosehill Community Center is NOT available for rent on the following days:

  • New Year’s Day (January 1)
  • Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
  • Presidents’ Day (3rd Monday in February)
  • Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
  • Independence Day (July 4)
  • Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
  • Veterans’ Day (November 12)
  • Thanksgiving Day holiday (4th Thursday & Friday in November)
  • Christmas Day (December 25)

The Rosehill Community Center is not available for extra hour rentals on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve, and traditionally closes early both days. In addition, the Recreation Department hosts special events several times a year and the Community Center is not available to rent on these dates.

Q: Is there an outside courtyard, deck or garden area? View of the water?

A: At Rosehill Community Center, most of the rooms have beautiful views of the water. There is an outside deck included in the rental of the Point Elliott room.

Q: Is parking available?

A: Yes, there are two parking lots adjacent to Rosehill Community Center. Parking is free and is first-come first-serve.  However, if your event is at Lighthouse Park, you and your guests may have to pay to park.

Q: How do I find Rosehill Community Center?

A: We are conveniently located about 30 minutes north of Seattle, just off Interstate 5.  Driving Directions.

Q: Is Rosehill Community Center ADA accessible?

A. Yes, the entire facility is ADA accessible to persons with disabilities.

Q: Can I use the plaza or lawn areas for my wedding or reception?

A: The plaza and lawn areas are available for wedding ceremonies ONLY. No receptions are allowed.  There is no food, no beverages, except water, and no alcohol allowed in the outdoor spaces. Please request an Outdoor Rental Packet for complete information.


Q: Can I arrive early or the night before to set up my event?

A: Set up time must be part of the contracted event time. If you wish to come in early or the night before, you are welcome to book the space, based on availability. Arriving earlier than your contracted start time will incur additional cost.

Q: Our event is for children and teens. Do we need to have adults at the event?

A: Rosehill Community Center staff reserve the right to require chaperones and/or security. All minors must have adequate adult supervision as determined by Rosehill staff.

Q: We are renting the Point Elliott Room for a large event. If other rooms are vacant during our event, may we use them?

A: Rental of the Point Elliott Room includes use of the Kitchen, Stage, Blue Room, Green Room, Props Room, and deck. You may also use the Lobby for non-food and non-beverage items, although you will not have exclusive use of that area. If you also want to use the classrooms, you must rent them separately – their use is not included in your rental contract. Neither alcohol or food may be served in the Lobby because it is a common use area open to minors. The Game Room and the Rosehill Room are open public areas and are closed for use when the building is closed to the public.

Q: We are holding an adult-only performance event. Are there any limitations?

A: Whether live or recorded, performers’ conduct and performance content must be appropriate for families and general audiences. Profane, lewd, indecent or slanderous conduct or content is unacceptable.

Q: Can I decorate the rooms I’m renting at Rosehill Community Center?

A: Only freestanding floor and table decorations are permitted. Affixing anything to ceiling, walls, lights, doors, columns or windows is not allowed. Candles may be used if they are enclosed in a hurricane glass or vase. Use of dry ice, fog/smoke machines, rice, birdseed, glitter, sparklers, confetti, petals whether real or fake, and dance wax are not allowed either inside or outside the Rosehill facility. Bubbles are permitted outside the building. Any equipment brought in by the renter must be pre-approved by the Rosehill staff (for example, special electrical equipment, arbors, lights, lifts, platforms, ladders, etc.) Obtain easy release tape from the front office for taping down floor cords. This tape is not allowed anywhere else in the space.

Q: Is smoking allowed at Rosehill Community Center?

A: Smoking is not permitted anywhere at the Rosehill Community Center or within 25 feet of any door, window, vent, or passage way. (Reference Chapter 70.160 RCW: Smoking In Public Places).

Q: Can I have the flowers/cake/rentals delivered ahead of time? Can I leave them for pick-up the next day/business day?

A: All rentals and deliveries should be coordinated with Rosehill Community Center staff. Generally all items must be delivered and picked-up on the same day as the event so as to not interfere with other events. Special arrangements can be made as events allow.

Q: Are we allowed to have a DJ or a band?

A: Yes. The City of Mukilteo does have a noise ordinance that goes into effect at 10:00 pm, but your Event Monitor will monitor the noise level outside and let you know if the music becomes too loud.

Q: Can we throw rice, birdseed, confetti, etc.?

A: No. Rice, confetti, birdseed, glitter, silly string or petals whether real or fake or any other article that creates debris is prohibited. Bubbles are permitted outside the building only. Check with Rosehill staff before purchasing.


Q. What forms of payment may I use?

A: Fees may be made using cash, check, money orders, VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.

Q: Do I have to pay for Rosehill Community Center staff in addition to my rental fee?

A: Rosehill Community Center staff will determine the appropriate staffing level required for your event. If additional staff is needed, an hourly fee for an Event Monitor or Theater Technician will be added to your rental fee.

Q: When do I have to pay for my rental?

A: The security deposit and 50% of the hourly rental fee is due at the time of booking to hold your reservation. For the Point Elliott Room or multiple room rentals, final payment is due 90 days prior to rental date. For other room rentals, final payment is due 30 days prior to rental date.

Q: What is the charge if my event runs over the contracted hours?

A: Overtime fees for staff and facility use will be billed at twice the regular hourly rate with a minimum charge of one (1) hour.

Q: Our event might end earlier than planned. Can we get a refund if we leave early?

A: No, rental fees will not be returned to renters leaving early.

Q: Who qualifies for a non-profit rate?

A: Any 501(c)3 non-profit entity and government agencies qualify for the non-profit rate.

Q: Do you require event insurance? What does this involve? When must I provide a copy of the completed insurance?

A: Insurance may be required depending on the size of the event and whether alcohol will be served. For Rosehill Community Center rentals, please see the Event Insurance Information sheet. For Lighthouse Park rentals, please see the Picnic Shelter Rental Guidelines or the Light Station Rental Information Packet.

Q: Am I required to obtain a Permit for my private event? May I have a cash bar at my private event?

A: When serving any alcohol at your event, you must obtain a Banquet Permit at the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board website. During your event, the Permit must be posted in a conspicuous place. You cannot have a cash bar at a private event. Alcohol must be provided free of charge or brought to the event by those attending. Package deals are allowed that may include the cost of dinner, alcohol and entertainment. Events open to the general public may not serve alcohol. Please see the Alcohol Information Sheet.

Q: Do I need a Special Occasion License for my non-profit fundraising event? May we sell alcoholic drinks at our fundraising event at Rosehill Community Center?

A: Yes, you must have Special Occasion License if your non-profit organization is holding an event at which alcohol is sold by the drink. Examples of such events are fundraisers or wine-tastings. Special Occasion License applications must be filed at least 45 days in advance of the event with the Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Board. See site for fee. The organization must have the license in hand before it can purchase the alcohol for resale. All proceeds from the sale of liquor at a special occasion event must be retained by the non-profit organization. A copy of the approved Special Occasion License must be received by Rosehill Community Center 30 days prior to the use of the facility. Please see the Alcohol Information Sheet.

Q: If we are charging admission and/or opening our event to the public, must I submit any paperwork to the Rosehill Community Center?

A: Yes, if your event charges an admission fee or is open to the public you will need event insurance. Please see the Event Insurance Information sheet.


Q: What are your catering rules and regulations? Can we provide our own food? Can we have a potluck?

A: You are welcome to bring your own food, have a potluck, or have a caterer of your choice. The Kitchen is not a commercial kitchen but it does include ovens, stove, refrigerators, freezers, and a commercial dishwashing system. We suggest that you bring prepared food and use the Kitchen for warming, service preparation, and dishwashing. Please see the Kitchen Amenities list to determine what is and is not included.

Q: Are we required to use one of the caterers listed on your Caterers & Event Resources list or can we bring in a caterer of our choice?

A: The City of Mukilteo allows you to bring in any caterer of your choice. We do have a pretty good list of local Caterers/Event Resources if you are looking.

Q: Does the Rosehill Community Center charge a Catering Fee?

A: No.

Q: Do you provide the linens, dishes, serving pieces, etc. for rentals at Rosehill Community Center?

A: We do not provide these items but they can be procured through your caterer or rental company.

Q: When do you accept deliveries?

A: Deliveries can be made at the start time of your contract. Depending on availability, we may be able to accept deliveries earlier than your start time. Please contact the Rosehill Community Center at 425.263.8180. All items must be removed by the end of your event.

Q: Who will set up my tables and chairs? Who will take down the tables and chairs and clean up after the event?

A: The set up of tables and chairs, takedown of tables and chairs, and cleaning of the room after the event are the responsibility of the renter. You must perform these tasks during your contracted rental hours and you must leave the room the way you found it. You will not be allowed into your rental space until the contracted start time.

Q: Our event is going to end very late at night. May we come back the next day to clean up?

A: When booking your event, you must include enough time for delivery of equipment, food, and supplies, for set up and decorating, and for clean up. No next day clean up is allowed. Cleaning supplies are provided.

Q: Can we use barbecue grills or propane tanks to cook food for our event?

A: Barbecue cooking is permitted at Lighthouse Park but it is not permitted at Rosehill Community Center.


Q: Is alcohol service allowed at the Rosehill Community Center?

A: Yes, alcohol is allowed in the Point Elliott Room and in the classrooms. Please see the Alcohol Information Sheet sheet for information on alcohol use, service, and required insurance.

Q: What type of alcohol can we have at our event at the Rosehill Community Center?

A: Beer, wine, and champagne may be served. Hard liquor is not allowed.

Q: Who can serve alcohol during our event?

A: Beer, wine and champagne in bottles or cans does not require a State of Washington licensed bartender. Use of kegs does require a licensed bartender with the Class 12 MAST Permit to us 30 days before the event as well as a copy of the bartender’s picture id, and the required use of Rosehill’s keg cooler and cooler wheels. The keg must be contained inside cooler and on wheels, not on the floor of the rental room. We do not provide a tap. Insurance and a banquet permit or special occasion license is also required.

Q: When and where can alcohol be distributed at Rosehill Community Center?

A: Service is allowed during your rented event hours. Alcohol service must end 1.5 hour prior to your contractual end time, when renting the Point Elliott Room. For example, an event ending at 12 midnight will do last call at 10:30 pm. When renting the classrooms, alcohol service must end 1.0 hour prior to your contractual end time. All alcohol must be consumed within your rented rooms and decks – it is not allowed in the hallways or lobbies. The serving of alcohol must take place inside the rental room, not on the patio, deck, plaza, or lobbies. Keg coolers, other coolers or containers of alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the patio, deck, plaza, or lobbies.
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Event-Insurance-Information.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/event-insurance-information-2/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/picshelterrental.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/doc-lightStnGroundsRentals.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/doc-lightstngroundsrentals/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/doc_rcc_alcohol_info.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/doc_rcc_alcohol_info-2/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/doc_rcc_alcohol_info.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/doc_rcc_alcohol_info-2/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Event-Insurance-Information.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/event-insurance-information-2/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Caterers-Event-Resources-rev-March-2014-2.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/caterers-event-resources-rev-march-2014-2/
File: http://mukilteowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/doc_rcc_alcohol_info.pdf
Link: https://mukilteowa.gov/departments/recreation/facilities-and-rentals/room-rental-faqs/doc_rcc_alcohol_info-2/