Later this year, the City of Mukilteo will again solicit a round of proposals from non-profit volunteer groups, neighborhood groups, educational organizations, public agencies and Chamber of Commerce to request a 2019 co-sponsorship grant from the City of Mukilteo to waive rental fees for an event to take place at the Rosehill Community Center or in one of the City’s parks during 2019. There is no monetary award associated with this grant.
What are Co-Sponsorship Grants?
The Co-Sponsorship grant enables public or private organizations to use city facilities (i.e. Rosehill Community Center or a city park) at no charge to host their community event. There is no monetary award with this grant.
The City of Mukilteo’s Co-Sponsorship Grant program was established in 2011 for the purpose of:
- Promoting, supporting and expanding existing and new Mukilteo special events, festivals and activities
- Providing co-sponsorship opportunities to promote, publicize and support and/or expand economic development activities in Mukilteo
- Providing co-sponsorship for activities that promote the general health or well-being of the community
Some examples of previous projects are:
- An activity that is open to the public and offers enhanced opportunities in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, youth or adult activities, and community safety
- A project that promotes job growth; or promotes business attraction, retention, and relocation to Mukilteo
- A program that promotes the community in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, education, youth development, safety, etc.
- The program is open to any public or private organization who can demonstrate the ability to accomplish the proposed project and do so by December 31 of that year.
- Qualifying organizations can include non-profit volunteer groups, neighborhood groups, educational organizations, public agencies and chamber of commerce.
The city co-sponsors a variety of events each year. Events may include the Mukilteo Farmers Market, Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival, Packs for Kids, and the Garden and Quilt Tour.