What are Co-Sponsorship Grants?
The Co-Sponsorship grant enables public or private organizations to use city facilities (i.e. Rosehill Community Center or a city park) at no charge to host their community event. There is no monetary award with this grant.
The City of Mukilteo’s Co-Sponsorship Grant program was established in 2011 for the purpose of:
- Promoting, supporting and expanding existing and new Mukilteo special events, festivals and activities
- Providing co-sponsorship opportunities to promote, publicize and support and/or expand economic development activities in Mukilteo
- Providing co-sponsorship for activities that promote the general health or well-being of the community
Some examples of previous projects are:
- An activity that is open to the public and offers enhanced opportunities in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, youth or adult activities, and community safety
- A project that promotes job growth; or promotes business attraction, retention, and relocation to Mukilteo
- A program that promotes the community in areas such as culture and arts, recreation, education, youth development, safety, etc.
- The program is open to any public or private organization who can demonstrate the ability to accomplish the proposed project and do so by December 31 of that year.
- Qualifying organizations can include non-profit volunteer groups, neighborhood groups, educational organizations, public agencies and chamber of commerce.
The city co-sponsors a variety of events each year. Events may include the Mukilteo Farmers Market, Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival, Packs for Kids, and the Garden and Quilt Tour.
Application and Selection Process
- After the deadline, all applications are reviewed for eligibility and reviewed by a City Council subcommittee.
- Their recommendations are sent to the full City Council for approval, tentatively set for June 3.
- Applicants are notified of their grant selection and provided tentative dates for their events.