See a problem that Public Works needs to fix or address? Submit an online Fix It Public Works! service request.
The Public Works Operations Department is responsible for the maintenance of City-owned infrastructure, facilities, and buildings .
The City’s Public Works Department maintains:
- 67 miles of streets
- Two traffic signals, school zone flashers, and rapid flashing crosswalks
- 55 linear miles of stormwater pipe and 4500 catch basins
- 620 acres of parklands and landscaped areas, including tidelands
- 75 vehicles and pieces of equipment – excluding police and fire
- 23 municipal buildings
- 1,486 street lights (City owned: 310; PUD owned: 1,176) The City monitors the operation of all street lights, regardless of ownership (PUD or City)