Site Development and Coordination
The City is proposing minor amendments to its 2017 Development Standards. The Public Hearing is scheduled to take place on August 19, 2019. The proposed changes are reflected in this document.
The Public Works Department reviews, permits, and inspects the construction of storm drainage utilities, right-of-way improvements, and erosion control BMP’s associated with the development of private property. New connections, reconnections, repairs to storm drainage; and work in the public right-of-way are also overseen by Public Works.
The City’s standards for Right-of-Way, Stormwater, and Grading and Clearing are found in:
- Title 12, Title 13, and Title 15 of the Mukilteo Municipal Code
- City of Mukilteo 2017 Development Standards
- 2012 Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington as Amended in December 2014
- Low Impact Development Technical Guidance Manual for Puget Sound
- Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington: A Guide for Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Guidelines and Resources for Implementing BMP T5.13
- Clearing and Grading Brochure
- Critical Slopes Brochure
- Right of Way Permit Brochure
- WSDOT Standard Plans
- Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- 2011 PROWAG
- GIS Interactive Maps
- 2017 Engineering Permit Application
- Right-of-way Permit Application
- Alternate Material, Design, or Method of Construction Application
- Maximum Extent Feasible Documentation for ADA Ramps
- Stormwater Site-Plan and Submittal Requirements Checklist
- Construction Plan Completeness Checklist
- 2017 Declaration of Covenant and Grant of Easement to City for Stormwater
- Soil Management Plan Worksheet
Contact Us: For specific questions regarding land development or the building permit application process, or to schedule a pre-application meeting, please call 425-263-8000, or stop by City Hall at 11930 Cyrus Way to speak to a Planner.
Need an Inspection? Please call 425-263-8075 to schedule an inspection, or contact us by email. Public Works requires 72 hours notice.