Home » City Departments » Police » Police or Fire Non-Emergency Phone Number

Police or Fire Non-Emergency Phone Number

The public is being asked to call a 10-digit phone number to report non-emergencies for Police and/or Fire response.  For those situations that do not require a fire truck, aide car or police response, please call the Police or Fire Departments directly for assistance.

Dial 425.407.3999

If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, you are encouraged to call 9-1-1.

To report a power outage, call Snohomish County PUD at 425.783.1001.

To inquire about an ambulance billing, call Mukilteo’s third-party billing vendor Intermedix at 888.980.9306.


What are some emergency and non-emergency situations to help me understand the difference?

DIAL 9-1-1 if there is an immediate emergency threat to life or property

  • ANY urgent/emergency medical or fire situation
  • ANY crime in progress, suspicious activity, or anytime a person fears for their safety or the safety of others

DIAL 425.407-3999 if

  • a crime occurred earlier and there is no suspect information, i.e., a car was burglarized but you don’t know when it occurred.  In this situation, the Police will arrive AFTER they have responded to an emergency.
  • situations where emergency services personnel are needed but there is no immediate danger to life or property, i.e., car burglary example above, a package stolen from your front porch, a minor fender-bender where there are no injuries or vehicle damage
  • a found pet or diamond ring in the park, etc.
  • illegal fireworks, noise complaint, illegal burning

What’s the reason for this change? I thought we were to call 9-1-1 and tell the dispatcher that the situation was not urgent.

In an effort to better serve our community and align our area emergency dispatch system with the national standard of reserving 9-1-1 for emergencies,  this number is active and callers are encouraged to start using it to report non-emergencies instead of 9-1-1.  If callers are unsure if their situation is an emergency, call 9-1-1 just in case; the dispatcher will prioritize your call for emergency response.   Our county has grown, and those with true emergencies can potentially have their calls delayed because dispatchers answer each call in order to determine if a true emergency exists, delaying police and/or fire responders.

Ok, now what number do I call if I am looking for a police report or something specific to Mukilteo?

To get a copy of a police report, please complete an online public records request.

Call the Mukilteo Police Department at 425.263.8100 if you want

  • to leave a non-urgent message for an MPD officer
  • to ask questions about pet licensing or a parking ticket
  • information about applying for a concealed pistol license application or to be fingerprinted

Please don’t call the Police Department directly to report a crime, especially if it’s during the event. DIAL 9-1-1!

What are examples of situations that I should consider to call the Fire Department directly?

Dial 425.263.8150 if you would like information about

  • a smoke alarm issue
  • requesting a visit by the Fire Marshal
  • scheduling a tour of one of the fire stations



Thank you for your upload