The space is intended to provide, as a free public service, a meeting place for a wide variety of community groups, and is intended for specific events rather than for regularly scheduled, on-going meetings. Scheduling will be limited where necessary to ensure equitable access to the facilities for the entire community.
ELIGIBILITY TO USE ROOMS:
- The meeting must be open to the public.
- No admission fees may be charged. No dues or donations may be solicited. No commercial products or services may be advertised, solicited or sold.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Meetings during business hours are limited to 20 participants.
- Meetings are not to disrupt the daily routine of the City.
- You must pick up a key for the facility you are reserving between 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and Friday between 7:30AM-4:30PM at City Hall located at 11930 Cyrus Way or by calling (425) 263-8000.
- Groups must return tables and chairs to the original arrangement.
- The audio/visual equipment, computers, podium and any other equipment located in Council Chambers are not to be moved or disturbed in any way. The applicant will be held responsible for any cost relating to damage(s) to our equipment.
- Groups may only enter and exit the building from the public doors. Doors may not be propped open. If there is a need for the door to be unlocked for a period of time, a key will be provided to unlock one of the front doors. If unlocked, it will be the responsibility of the user to relock the door and secure the building. Failure to secure the building may result in loss of future building use. Emergency exits cannot be blocked.
- Reservations are only accepted for the current month and two calendar months in advance. (For example starting September 15th, rooms may be reserved through November 30th.)
- All publicity and advertising for meetings and events must contain the words: “This event is not sponsored by the City of Mukilteo.” The provision of meeting rooms for public use does not constitute City endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved for the hours between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM. Set-up and clean-up must be done within the hours reserved. Users assume responsibility for clean-up immediately following the meeting and assume responsibility for any damage to City property resulting from their use of City facilities. The City may assess charges for damage or cleaning.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in ALL City facilities. Facilities shall not be used for any activity in violation of federal, state or local laws.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Storage for supplies or equipment cannot be provided.
- The City does not assume liability for injuries or damage to personal property which occur as a result of the actions of the sponsors or participants in meetings scheduled in City facilities.
- If the Facilities are used for other than a meeting, individuals or organizations using the Facilities shall obtain valid and current bodily injury and property damage liability insurance as described in the Facility Use Agreement. The insurance requirement may be waived for any use by another government agency property.
- Please call City Hall at 425.263.8000 if a meeting is canceled.
CIRCUMSTANCES BY WHICH RESERVATIONS MAY BE CANCELLED BY THE CITY:
- The applicant provides false or misleading information.
- An individual or group, willfully, or through gross negligence, mistreats the equipment or facilities or violates any regulations of the City.
- The City retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms or applicable City policy. Violation of these terms may result in denial of future access to the space.
- For any other reason at the discretion and convenience of the City.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE KEY CARD OR KEY TO UNLOCK THE DOOR:
Call the non-emergency number (425) 775-3000 and request that a Mukilteo Police Officer assist you to enter the building at 11930 Cyrus Way. You must have your access card with you for the Officer to open the door. Contact us during business hours (M-Th 7:30am – 5pm, F 7:30am – 4:30pm) by calling (425) 263-8000.