If you have an immediate threat to life or property, DIAL 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, DIAL 425-407-3999.
Operations is responsible for the emergency and non-emergency services provided to the community. Under the direction of a Shift Battalion Chief, the division provides fire suppression, basic and advanced emergency medical services, hazardous materials and technical rescue services to the City. Personnel participate in local and regional training to maintain skills and enhance the response to emergencies in conjunction with regional partners.
2020 Goals and Objectives
- Improve the department’s ability to respond to fire and medical emergencies safely and effectively.
- Analyze response time measurement methodologies, determine process hindrances in turn-out time, and implement recommendations to reduce response times.
- Analyze response maps for needed improvements, work with GIS to incorporate improvements, and verify each address within the city to improve response capability.
- Reduce preventable injury rates.
- Perform analysis of preventable injuries, identify tools and resources to reduce these injuries and initiate the procurement process.
- Support opportunities to work with regional teams.
- Facilitate operational and response opportunities for personnel participating in regional technical rescue and incident management teams.
The City of Mukilteo does bill patients transported to the hospital. If the patient has insurance, the third-party billing contractor will bill the insurance on the patient’s behalf. Patients are responsible for any co-pays or deductibles. Unpaid accounts are referred to a collection agency and additional fees will apply. This document summarizes the current ambulance rates as well as debt modification and cancellation policies, as approved by the City Council. Ambulance Service Billing Policy 2016
To inquire about an ambulance bill , call Mukilteo’s third-party billing vendor, Systems Design West at 800-238-9398 or (360) 394-7010.