If you have an immediate threat to life or property, DIAL 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, DIAL 425-407-3999.
Please note: Chief Alexander retired March 4, 2022. Until a new Fire Chief is appointed, the battalion chiefs and fire marshal are filling the Chief’s responsibilities. Contact them at email@example.com
On behalf of the thirty men and women of the Mukilteo Fire Department, welcome to our home on the web! Here you will find pages with information on our stations and apparatus, current performance measures for the department, information on Prevention, and details on Operations. We are here to serve the residents of and visitors to Mukilteo, so we have endeavored to share with you who we are and what we do.
The department traces its history back to 1922, when the first fire hydrants were installed in Old Town. The department was staffed by volunteers until the 1990’s, when paid staff were added. The department was a combination volunteer/career department until 2010, when it became a fully paid department.
We as a department have been working hard to make this “our” department, ready to serve the needs of the community today and tomorrow. We will be doing our part to help people avoid emergencies and how to react when emergencies occur.
Please take a look through our pages to discover more about the department. If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know.
Christopher W. Alexander, Fire Chief
Mukilteo Fire Department
Mukilteo Beacon Articles
Chief Alexander writes occasionally for the Fire Sirens column in the Mukilteo Beacon. Articles will be posted here when published.
- Prepared Not Scared September 2019
- Fire Chief Reflections–June 2019
- Emergency Medical Services Week 2019
- The Fire Department Peeks into 2019–January 2019
- October is All About Fire Prevention–October 2018
- A Message from the Fire Chief–September 2018
- How the Levy would help EMS–July 2018
- Know Fire Danger in Your Area June 2018
- Safe Place Baby Safe Haven and Map Your Neighborhood May 2018
- What is a Regional Fire Authority April 2018
- Preparing for Disasters March 2018
- Emergency Medical Services in Mukilteo February 2018
Fire Station 25 – 10400 47th Place West, Mukilteo
Fire Equipment: Engine 25, Medic 25, Aid 25, Battalion 25
Administration Equipment: Chief 25, Fire Marshal 25
Fire Station 24 – 700 5th Street, Mukilteo
Fire Equipment: Engine 24, Medic 24, Engine 24A (reserve)