At the Monday, May 6, 2019 Council regular meeting, the City Council approved Resolution 2019-02 establishing a Climate Action Committee to advise Council on renewal energy goals for the City (in the short-term) and residents (in the long-term).
Climate Action Committee
The scope of the Committee’s tasks are to
- consider a recommended clean energy goal by 2030
- encourage residents to be a part of the solution
- encourage City staff, businesses and residents to conserve current resources
- work with the City Council and City administration to implement ideas
- effectively address the future impacts of climate change
Applying to Serve
To apply to serve on this important Committee, complete the online application. The Mayor will recommend applicants to the City Council, who will appoint at a future Council meeting. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 31.
Per the revised Resolution 2019-02, membership on the Committee is as follows
- 2 City Councilmembers
- 2 residents
- 2 members from local-non-profits
- 2 local business owners or representatives from Mukilteo businesses
- 1 high school student member
- 1 member from a Snohomish County-based climate change/sustainability organization
The Committee will work to develop an action plan, including options, methods and financial resources needed and an associated timeline and milestones to achieve renewal energy goals. An interim report will be due by December 31, 2019, and their final report by December 31, 2020.
Read Agenda Bill 2019-17 proposing the Climate Action Committee and supporting documentation.