|2nd Tuesday of the Month, 6:00 PM Mukilteo City Hall|
Who We Are?
In 2009, the Mukilteo City Council established the Mukilteo Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC) to operate as a liaison between youth of the community and the City. The MYAC includes up to 15 Mukilteo residents between the ages of 14-18 who are appointed to one-year terms by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
- We make policy recommendations to the City Council on matters that affect youth in our City
- We plan, organize, coordinate and participate in drug and alcohol-free social, cultural, recreational, educational and other activities for youth in our community
- We work to get more youth involved in government by engaging with other students in the City and serving as role models for all youth in Mukilteo.
When Do We Meet?
The MYAC meets regularly during the academic year on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm via Zoom.
2020/21 MYAC Projects
Each year, the students vote on which projects they want to complete that will serve youth in the community. For this academic year, MYAC will work on these projects:
- 2021 Mukilteo Art Contest – held virtually via Zoom on January 23, 2021
- Mukilteo Stands Beside You: Social Justice Seminar – held virtually on February 21, 2021
- Mental Massage – monthly podcast covering mental health, addiction, and impacts of COVID-19, with various guests
We believe that the voice of every teen matters and we are committed to representing those voices! We are here to represent your interests, but we need your input. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
In addition to the student members, there are two members of the City Council, Mayor Gregerson (as alternate) and a staff liaison to support MYAC.
|Name||Title||Term Begin||Term End|
|Sarah Kneller||Council Vice President||02/08/2020||12/31/2020|
|Elisabeth Crawford||Councilmember (Alternate)|
|Lindsey Arrington||Staff Liaison, Executive Assistant|