- This event has passed.
2019 Police Citizen’s Academy – Graduation Location Change!
November 14, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Graduation Day! The Graduation ceremony will be held at Fire Station 25, not City Hall OR Rosehill Community Center.
The 2019 session of the Citizen’s Police Academy runs from September 19 through November 14, 2019; there will no session on Halloween, October 31. This free eight week course allows attendees to interact with Police Officers to learn about the day-to-day operations of the Mukilteo Police Department. Classes meet for three hours one night per week (usually Thursday) for 8 weeks, and are provided at no charge to attendees. Classes are typically held at Rosehill Community Center, located at 304 Lincoln Avenue in Mukilteo.
You must pre-register for these classes online before September 13 in order for a background check to be conducted.
Topics covered are:
- Classroom instruction of police mission, policies and operations
- Use of K-9 Officer and Police Dog
- Tour of the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s office
- Live demonstration at a local shooting range
- Live taser demonstration
- Optional ride-along with a Mukilteo Police Officer (highly recommended!)