- This event has passed.
2019 Police Citizen’s Academy
November 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The 2019 session of the Citizen’s Police Academy runs from September 19 through November 14, 2019; there will no session on Halloween, October 31. This free eight week course allows attendees to interact with Police Officers to learn about the day-to-day operations of the Mukilteo Police Department. Classes meet for three hours one night per week (usually Thursday) for 8 weeks, and are provided at no charge to attendees. Classes are typically held at Rosehill Community Center, located at 304 Lincoln Avenue in Mukilteo.
You must pre-register for these classes online before September 13 in order for a background check to be conducted.
Topics covered are:
- Classroom instruction of police mission, policies and operations
- Use of K-9 Officer and Police Dog
- Tour of the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s office
- Live demonstration at a local shooting range
- Live taser demonstration
- Optional ride-along with a Mukilteo Police Officer (highly recommended!)